Radeon pci problems on UP2000

Michael Christy christy at jlab.org
Tue Oct 12 19:09:45 UTC 2004

On Tue, 12 Oct 2004, Hoover, Tony wrote:

> Can you boot from the serial console, then start X on the Radeon?, or is the
> Radeon BIOS not being initialized enough?

Thus far I have only tried this in dual head.  I will try and see if I can
get the radeon working as a single head after booting from console.
However, I'm not very optimistic since SRM has this problem of assigning
large numbers of pci ids to the radeon.

I would just note that I have run SRM-5.8 in an LX and it has no problems
with this card, so it is not a problem with the bios emulation.  So I ask,
why is the UP2000 seemingly unable to deal correctly with this card?

Thanks

-Eric