AC-0.9 Testing Results (was: Re: Alpha Core ISO Images)

Sullivan, Glenn GSullivan at DavidClark.com
Tue Oct 19 19:15:36 UTC 2004

Go to your local Electrical Engineering department... They should have
an appropriate sized drill bit and press, for PCB drilling.

I've done that before, and if you botch it, you are no worse off than
you were before, only short one, overly plentiful IDE cable...

HTH.  I can't believe I actually have something worthwhile to post
about... The only other time I've posted is when I posted my newbie
directions for forcing RH7.2 onto a XL266.

Glenn Sullivan, MCSE+I  MCDBA
David Clark Company Inc.
-----Original Message-----
From: axp-list-bounces at redhat.com [mailto:axp-list-bounces at redhat.com]
On Behalf Of geerten
Sent: Tuesday, October 19, 2004 2:23 PM
To: Linux and Red Hat on Alpha processors
Subject: Re: AC-0.9 Testing Results (was: Re: Alpha Core ISO Images)

Jay,

At 22:57 18/10/2004, you wrote:
>Good luck, sorry I can't help more...

You've helped immensely ! You've put a lot of work in this, and in fact
practically proved that it must be the CD-drive. I was going to try an
IDE drive when I came home, but unfortunately I don't have an unkeyed
IDE-cable. (40 pins on the mainboard, only 39 holes in my cable's
connector.) Wonder how hard it will be to find one..

Many thanks.

Geerten.