Alpha Core ISO Images

Jay Estabrook jay.estabrook at hp.com
Mon Sep 27 22:01:27 UTC 2004

On Mon, Sep 27, 2004 at 05:48:37PM -0400, Jay Estabrook wrote:

> Also, I can't seem to "rpm -qpl *" any of the kernel-* RPMS found in the
> Fedora/RPMS/ directory, including "noarch" ones. This happened first under
> original RH 7.2, so, figuring that the version of RPM might matter, so
> I tried it on a X86 install of FC2, and got:
>
> 	not an rpm package (or package manifest):
>
> which differed a bit from the message under 7.2:
>
> 	read manifest failed: Success

Something even weirder is going on: the RPMS on CD's 2 and 3 seem to
be fine, but any I try on CD#1 are bad...

I think somehow the first ISO creation went bad, as the MD5SUM was
fine and the directory structure and filenames are all OK, but the
contents of all the files appear to have been trashed or converted to
something else, or... ???

It looks like a new CD#1 would be all that's needed (so the OK ones
don't need to be re-downloaded :-); any chance?

 --Jay++

Jay A Estabrook                            HPTC - LINUX support
Hewlett-Packard Company - ZKO2-3/N30       (603) 884-0301
110 Spit Brook Road, Nashua NH 03062       Jay.Estabrook at hp.com