AlphaPC 164LX & SRM (again)

Jay Estabrook Jay.Estabrook at hp.com
Wed Apr 6 16:43:10 UTC 2005

On Wed, Apr 06, 2005 at 08:00:10PM +0400, Sergey Tikhonov wrote:

> Yep. But the same NCR has been working in my AlphaStation 200 for years.

All SRMs are not equal... :-(

> I tried to access floppy (like boot from it) without NCR installed - and
> got machine check again. :(

That's not good...

Was this the machine originally with a TGA? Does it behave any better
with that instead of the S3? I can't imagine why, but it might be
worth a try...

> I have Adaptec 2940, but as far as I know it is (was) not supported by SRM.

2940UW is supported by the latest SRM for the LX. In fact, I have mine
running with a 39160 - yep, booting from Ultra160... :-)

Good luck!

 --Jay++

Jay A Estabrook                            HPTC - LINUX support
Hewlett-Packard Company - ZKO2-3/N30       (603) 884-0301
110 Spit Brook Road, Nashua NH 03062       Jay.Estabrook at hp.com