IDE disk problem

Bob R. Taylor brtaylor at sanfelipe.com.mx
Tue Apr 12 05:31:43 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-04-11 at 16:29, U. George wrote:
> more like the age of the IDE controller.
>
> The 160gb Maxtor I bought came with its own PCI133( i think thats what
> it was called ) IDE controller. I used that as the 3rd/4th ide
> controller in the system.
>
> Bob R. Taylor wrote:
> > I purchased a 200G Maxtor drive for my Alpha which is not being
> > recognized by Fedora Core 2 (Fedora 0.9 Alpha). This HD is not my boot
> > disk. I have it installed as Master on the first IDE connector.
> > Not being familiar with IDE disks, what jumber(s) should be set? Could
> > the age of my mother board be a problem? What could the problem be? Any
> > help greatly appreciated!

I have suspected as much. I need to know what IDE controller to
purchase. I live in Baja Mexico about 120 miles south of Calexico
California so I don't have a computer store close by. :-)

Thanks for the info.

BTW, upon installation this drive would be hde right?
--
Bob R. Taylor <brtaylor at sanfelipe.com.mx>