Alpha Core 1.0a

Balint Cristian rezso at rdsor.ro
Wed Feb 16 12:21:03 UTC 2005

	Hi folks,

	After a timeout and slow development of alpha core, me [Cristian Balint]
and a new volunteer Sergey Tikhonov, finaly developed next release of alpha core 1.0
wich is equivalent with fedora-FC3 but with lots of alpha specific fixes.

	Unfortunatley Mike Barnes haven't the time these days to take major part of
development on this new tree, so we decided to release AlphaCore 1.0a now as-is.

	The main personality of the tree is the fact the Sergely fixed some important
threading suport in glibc to switch corectly between nptl and linuxthreads, so application
run more stable and few bugs present even in 0.9 are gone now. The second major thing
is the kernel, we used 2.6.10 because between 2.6.6<>2.6.10 the mainline kernel was
broken for alpha, and we disable few things wich are unstable/unusable for alpha arch.
In rest everything else is fedora specific changes between FC2-->FC3.

	We release this under the version "1.0a" and plan that "1.0" version will be
marked only on the final iso images.

	The iso images will be based exact on that curent tree, unless someone discover
something showstopper thing to fix, and will try in a mather of 2 weeks to pack it.

So, the path to AlphaCore 1.0a tree:
ftp://ftp.rdsor.ro/pub/Linux/Distributions/AlphaLinux/core/1.0a/

And olso there is a yum config file wich point to this tree:
ftp://ftp.rdsor.ro/pub/Linux/Distributions/AlphaLinux/core/yum.conf-1.0a

	Mirrors are welcome, testers and volunteers are welcome, any feedback suggestions are accounted
in the final iso pack.

Thank you all,
~cristian