Help needed for install on 164SX

Michael Kronsteiner alphamike at gmx.at
Thu Jun 9 10:39:29 UTC 2005

Oh i see... how do i change from AlphaBIOS to SRM?

i have a firmware update cd at home - do i have to rename the SX164_V5_7.EXE
file to FWUPDATE.EXE and put that on a floppy?
at least thats what i think is to be done... and then "update firmware" in
the setup menu... or am i thinking wrong?

To the scsi-adapters : i think AHA-2940 is supported, but im not sure. A NCR
Controller with the same chip (53C810 ?) like some alphas have onboard,
should work under SRM.