Help needed for install on 164SX

Michael Kronsteiner alphamike at gmx.at
Fri Jun 10 06:49:55 UTC 2005

Hello All!

Installed my Alphacore yesterday, everything goes fine - but how do i
partition my hdd right - i tried it the pc way - doesnt boot. if i do the
bsd-disklabel partitioning, the installer fails to find my 1st hdd
(sector 1/2-4500 - ext2, 4500- =swap) i tried with starting cylinder 1 AND 2
because i read somewhere that the bootloader needs a little place on the
beginning of the disk. 2nd disk is only one ext2, and this one is found...

thanks a lot for your help!

Michael