AC 1.o install questions/help

Jay Estabrook Jay.Estabrook at hp.com
Tue Jun 14 01:26:06 UTC 2005

On Mon, Jun 13, 2005 at 08:22:57PM -0400, bob smith wrote:

> > CPU - 21164a
> > Mem - 512MB
> > SCSI - SYM53C865
> > VID -  ATI 7200 PCI
> > Drives - 1 Seagate,  3 IBM, all SCSI3, all about 9 GB
> > SCSI bus terminated.
> >
> tried the aha-2640UW, no dice,  Bonna swap out the drives and see if
> that is the problem.
> have a sym53c875 gonna try and it looks like a KZPbBA-CX-A01

Um, do you mean 2940UW? I've been very successful with that over the
years. Did you mean you had SRM problems with it? If so, then you must
be using an older version of SRM, as the latest (5.8) works well with
the 2940UW, or at least all the ones I've seen internally...

sym53c875 should be fine, though again, I've only experience with the
ones I';ve found internally, that were usable under Tru64 or VMS, IIRC.

I think KZPBA is the QLogic 1040B, and again, that should be fine if its
one of the ones like I've seen internally.

The hard drives shouldn't be the problem if they were working under 7.2.
I really think it was the 865 and the latest sym53c8xx_2 driver...

Good luck.

 --Jay++

Jay A Estabrook                            HPTC - XC I & B
Hewlett-Packard Company - ZKO1-3/D-B.8     (603) 884-0301
110 Spit Brook Road, Nashua NH 03062       Jay.Estabrook at hp.com