core status on alpha... and java

Bryan Dina bdina at seresc.net
Fri Mar 25 19:18:22 UTC 2005

Thats pretty much as I see it... no sense in Sun working for DEC Alpha,
as HP has effectively "killed" Alpha, which is a shame.  GCJ is perfect
for me as I don't do GUI work that often, most of my projects don't need
the Sun jvm.  I am considering trying either RH7.2 or core 0.9... I use
this box as a project test-bed... no GUI stuff installed right now (no X
server).  I use it to serve mail, and my website, as well as coding some
C projects.  I would like to code Java as well (no graphical apps like I
said before).

--Bryan