Shameless Plug

Mike Barnes mike at grouse.net.au
Tue May 10 15:23:52 UTC 2005

I've finally got my act together and put up a live site for a project
I've had in the back of my mind since 2001.

http://practicalunix.com/

I figured, while I was doing over the Alpha Core site, I'd throw the
same combination of software together for this one too.

I've always wanted a forum for Unix-ish questions that had, as its
primary goal, a complete lack of elitism. I know that there are some
really clued-in people on this list, and I'd love to see some of the
kind of attitudes this group has exhibited over the years I've been
reading it take root there.

The site's motto is: "There Are No Stupid Questions", and I'm going
to see that this is kept to, with my iron fist at the ready.

Of course, anyone trying to get things done using any Alpha running
any Unix related operating system is welcome to stop by for attempts
at help. Help regarding Alpha Core itself is still best directed to
the http://alphacore.info/ site, but once you're up and running and
want to configure Apache or make Samba do something odd, we'd be glad
to lend a hand.