AlphaCore 1.0 final release !

Jay Estabrook Jay.Estabrook at hp.com
Wed May 11 13:54:50 UTC 2005

On Sun, May 08, 2005 at 10:48:47PM +0300, Balint Cristian wrote:

> Svetlana is based on Fedora Core 3 release, it is a pure
> recompilation over alpha of fedora project with additional pain to
> fix platform specific things to make it work. It olso already
> include latest fedora 3 updates.

Great job, guys!

Installed without a hitch on DS15s with Radeons (9100 & 7500) in GUI mode.

Note that an "Everything" install will require ~6.4GB of space... :-)

> the install disc contains the milo flavour too for those who's
> machine require it.

I've seen the kernel, but the /etc/milo.cfg file is missing, which would
have made it much easier for those folks to install. I'll send you an
example when I get the chance...

> Becouse leak of more deep tests in real world, we reserves the fact
> that if a trivial bug is discovered by anyone in the CD set we will
> try to rerelease this distro.

I don't know how trivial the following are, but I'll mention them
anyway... ;-}

Has anyone been able to perform an FTP/NFS/HTTP install?

I tried an "expert" boot, but anaconda didn't respond as I had expected
from previous versions.

Also, it appears that the version of aboot installed no longer supports
symbolic links in EXT2 filesystems, like the old v0.92b version does.

Where did the new one come from?

Thanks again for all your work!

 --Jay++

Jay A Estabrook                            HPTC - LINUX support
Hewlett-Packard Company - ZKO2-3/N30       (603) 884-0301
110 Spit Brook Road, Nashua NH 03062       Jay.Estabrook at hp.com