AlphaCore 1.0 final release !

Steven N. Hirsch shirsch at adelphia.net
Wed May 11 22:05:59 UTC 2005

On Wed, 11 May 2005, Mike Foley wrote:

> It's too bad the work that was done by API engineers to add
> DOS labeled disk support to SRM wasn't released. It was
> working really well and relieved one of having to muck
> with BSD labelling.
>
> Alas, that code, like the Linux-based replacement for SRM, has
> passed on.

Well, all's well that ends well.  After removing the 'c' slice, the
installation completed without incident.  Nice work guys!!

I was especially pleased to see that it didn't hose /boot, since it's
shared by (3) different distros (HP/RH72, gentoo and now ac-1.0).  The
original /boot/etc/aboot.conf was backed up to *.rpmsave.  All I had to
do was merge the two and everything just worked. (I made sure to tell Disk
Druid not to format /boot!)

Steve