AC 1.0 on AS4100

Jay Estabrook Jay.Estabrook at hp.com
Fri May 13 15:00:11 UTC 2005

On Fri, May 13, 2005 at 04:56:09PM +0200, alpha-linux at gmx.net wrote:

> yesterday i tried to install AC1.0 on my big-iron, an as4100 with
> 4 cpu's an 2 gig of ram.
> the installation went ok, an X is working well on a elsa gloria synergy
> (permedia 2).
>
> after booting (boot dkb0 -fl 0) the kernel tells something like
> MPCIA ... unknow machine type ... and some hex-values, for
> about 30-40 lines on the console.
>
> then it boots fine.
> what's actually happen here ?

I also saw those messages, but I've not attempted to track that problem
down.

Ignoring those messages doesn't appear to have any bad side-effects, as
the box has continued to run AND there's been no re-appearance of any
messages.

> the only issue i have at the moment is the nic. AC1.0 uses the driver
> for a tulip 21041, but it's only working with the DE5xx driver.

That may always be the case with 21041... :-\

 --Jay++

Jay A Estabrook                            HPTC - LINUX support
Hewlett-Packard Company - ZKO2-3/N30       (603) 884-0301
110 Spit Brook Road, Nashua NH 03062       Jay.Estabrook at hp.com