Newbie

Michael Kronsteiner alphamike at gmx.at
Sun Oct 2 02:34:02 UTC 2005

A hearty welcome to a new alpha user! :-)

*duh* an AS 4000 with a graphics card???

i once had an AS 4000, but i remember it not even having an pci bus...

its a big "futurebus" machine which never had 400 Mhz CPUs (i think),
mine had 2 150 Mhz CPUs, and only a serial console, big thing weighing so
much i needed 3 friends to push it up my attic. Maybe you can provide some
more detailed info on the machine, it must be 4000a or 4100 or something...

but anyway have you tried booting up in runlevel 3 (text mode)?

brgds

Michael