New AC2 release candidate test boot cd image

Jay Estabrook Jay.Estabrook at hp.com
Thu Oct 20 22:53:15 UTC 2005

On Thu, Oct 20, 2005 at 11:55:37PM +0200, Oliver Falk wrote:

> Great to hear, that HP people are still involved!

Not as much as I'd like, but I try...

> Seems you have a lot of Alpha-Spare-Machines standing around...

Well, what I have has been collected (mostly unoffically) over MANY
years. It was really only with the EV6-based machines (DS20) that the
Linux-on-Alpha effort actually started getting machines BEFORE they'd
started shipping to customers... :-\

Favorite old boxes I still have around (though may not use):

	JENSEN		we always remember our first... ;-}

	AlphaBook1	an Alpha laptop running RH 4.2 on LCA45 at 233MHz

	CABRIO		EV45 ran at 275MHz with 2MB cache in SIMMS

	EB164		my first EV5 (266MHz)

	LX164		my first (and last, thankfully) PYXIS-based machine

> Shall I post you my address? :-P

You'd have to post more than that; say, shipping costs and customs duties

 --Jay++

Jay A Estabrook                            HPTC - XC I & B
Hewlett-Packard Company - ZKO1-3/D-B.8     (603) 884-0301
110 Spit Brook Road, Nashua NH 03062       Jay.Estabrook at hp.com