AlphaServer 400 vs. Alpha Core 1.0

Marek marek at ingsmat.sk
Thu Oct 27 13:28:43 UTC 2005

Sergey Tikhonov wrote:

> Marek wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> Finally I' ve got the problem you mention below. It looks like NCR810
>> is new problem.
>> During text installation I see for while window like loading sym5...,
>> then ask me for source
>> of installation, I enter CDROM, and then I see window with Choose
>> driver ..., and any driver
>> doesn't work.
>> Thank you for any idea
>

> Well. One hint would be to try boot into the rescue mode using AC1
> installation CD or
> new AC2 test boot disk (it would be very helpfull if your do it and we
> could try to resolve the issue).

I have no downloaded AC2 up to now, so AC1, AC2 later ...

> Try to switch consoles (Alt-Fx) to see what kernel says during scsi
> driver load attempt.

In Alt-F3 console there is about sym... module, and it seems to be
without error messages,
anly line
Got to setupCdrom without a CD device
looks like problem.
In Alt-F4 console is one error line
PCI: Unable to reserve I/O region #1:100 at 10000 for device 0000:00:06.0

> Try to find out PCI IDs for scsi controller. My AS200/233 has following:
> Class 0100: 1000:0001 (rev 02)
> Scsi storage controller: LSI Logic / Symbios Logic 53c810 (rev 02)

How can I find it ?

> I am not sure how different NCRs on AS400 and AS200. :(
>
> Regards,

Regards
Marek