Installation Problem

bob sfmc68 at verizon.net
Fri Sep 9 22:33:22 UTC 2005

I don;t know if this is your problem.  I had similar symptoms,
my problem was a series memory errors, soft errors.
I was trying to load AC1, RH7.2, some kind of linux, no luck at all.
I was able to load and run NetBSD, use that to trouble shoot,
swap out memory, and then load AC1. I had duplicte memory
bits in the box, so I just cleaned them, put them back in in a different
order.
I never did go
junk email wrote:

>I am trying to install a RedHat 7.2 on an AlphaPC
>164LX running SRM 5.8-1
>
>Boot from Floppy:
>b dva0 -fi vmlinux.gz -fl "root=/dev/fd0
>load_ramdisk=1 prompt_ramdisk=1"
>running anaconda - please wait ...
>'import site' failed; use -v for traceback
>traceback (innermost last):
>file "/usr/bin/anaconda", line 31, in?
>if (os.path.exist('isys')):
>attributeerror: path