Re: New kernel uploaded into devel tree

Oliver Falk wrote:

Hi Sergey!

I've managed to build latest kernel from FC4 tree.
It is as usual at: ftp://ftp.rdsor.ro/pub/Linux/Distributions/AlphaLinux/core/dev
elopment/alpha/kernel-2.6.12-1.1447_FC4axp.alpha.rpm

If somebody is playing with devel tree of AC I would like to as to test the kernel to see what kind of problems we might to expect.
It does boot on my AS 200/233 and generates few unaligned exceptions in kernel mode (have not tracked them yet :( ).
It might require to update "mkinitrd" package to build correct initrd image.

Will test it on my AS1000A 5/333.

Thank you. Just forgot to mention:
- kernel compiled with gcc4 (4.0.1-5)
- kernel should work with TGA video adapters (thanks to Jay's patches)

Regards,
Sergey.
tsv solvo ru