Radeon 9000 on UP2000 - again!

Jay Estabrook Jay.Estabrook at hp.com
Tue Sep 20 12:46:30 UTC 2005

On Mon, Sep 19, 2005 at 08:21:37PM -0400, Alex Deucher wrote:

> If you put it on pci bus 0, you may be able to have xorg post the card
> when it loads using x86emu.  you could use a serial console for
> booting purposes and hope xorg can post the card when it starts.

This may not be possible if running the BIOS emulator in SRM actually
hangs the machine; and it WILL try to run the BIOS if it finds a VGA
on bus #0... :-\

> the 9100 would be a faster chip as it is a full R200, however, I'm
> not sure anyone made PCI 9100s.

Actually, Visiontek (XTASY brand ;-) made a PCI 9100 that works quite
well under Xorg (6.8.1 and 6.8.2), and it runs at 66MHz in my DS15.
Unfortunately, on that machine it HAS to be in bus #1 (the only bus
with slots), and the 3D support is broken... :-(

 --Jay++

Jay A Estabrook                            HPTC - XC I & B
Hewlett-Packard Company - ZKO1-3/D-B.8     (603) 884-0301
110 Spit Brook Road, Nashua NH 03062       Jay.Estabrook at hp.com