UP2000 Motherboard

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski D.Mierzejewski at icm.edu.pl
Thu Sep 22 16:06:18 UTC 2005

Sorry for being off-topic, but I feel this needs explaining.

On Thu, Sep 22, 2005 at 07:25:32AM -0700, Robert M. Riches Jr. wrote:
> > Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 13:21:05 -0500
> > From: Eric Dittman <dittman at dittman.net>
> >
> > I need a replacement UP2000 motherboard.  Does anyone
> > have a source?
>
> I replied, but your domain rejected my email--apparently one
> of the snobbish domains that refuse to accept email except
> from certain "blessed" sending hosts.

I'd say he's rather rejecting mail from hosts in bad neighbourhood
and accepting everyone else.

>  So, I resent via my
> ISP's outgoing mail server, outgoing.verizon.net, but your
> domain rejects that, too.  Oh, well.

Verizon is a spam haven and their traffic is unwelcome in many
parts of the Net.

> Reject messages shown below, just in case you might want to
> fix your rejection system.  It appears nobody at verizon.net
> is currently able to send to you.

It's verizon who should fix their spam sewer:
http://www.spamhaus.org/sbl/listings.lasso?isp=verizon.net
http://groups.google.pl/groups?q=group:news.admin.net-abuse.sightings+verizon.net&scoring=d

But I'm sure Eric will whitelist you.

> Delivery attempt history for your mail:
>
> Wed, 21 Sep 2005 22:53:17 -0500 (CDT)
> dittman at dittman.net: smtp;454 Service unavailable; Client host [206.46.252.46] blocked using dnsbl.sorbs.net; Spam Received See: http://www.sorbs.net/lookup.shtml?206.46.252.46

Looks like spam from that IP hit SORBS' spamtraps. Not good.

Regards,

--
Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski <rathann*at*icm.edu.pl>
Interdisciplinary Centre for Mathematical and Computational Modelling