Powerup Problem on AS2000

Jay Estabrook Jay.Estabrook at hp.com
Mon Sep 26 18:37:26 UTC 2005

On Mon, Sep 26, 2005 at 07:55:51PM +0200, Michael Kronsteiner wrote:

> a) says Demisable which is an 2000A and not a 2000 (compatible?)

If it truly is an AS2000A, then that is actually DEMI-LYNX and is
related to the LYNX (AS2100A) the way DEMI_SABLE is to SABLE; ie
it holds only 2 CPUs and two memory boards, instead of up to 4 CPUs
and up to 4 memories.

Note that LYNX and DEMI-LYNX were not supported by RH 7.2 for Alpha
until we released the so-called "HP Wrapper" CD, because the kernel
on the original distro did not work on the LYNX family.

 --Jay++

Jay A Estabrook                            HPTC - XC I & B
Hewlett-Packard Company - ZKO1-3/D-B.8     (603) 884-0301
110 Spit Brook Road, Nashua NH 03062       Jay.Estabrook at hp.com