CentOS on wildfire

Pasi Pirhonen upi at centos.fi
Sun Aug 13 10:11:34 UTC 2006

Hi,

On Sun, Aug 13, 2006 at 05:33:02AM -0400, Robin Humble wrote:

> Hi,
>
> we're trying to get CentOS 4.3 up on our gs320 (32 ev67 731MHz,
> 64G ram) but have been struggling a bit for several days now.
> are there any recent wildfire success stories out there? (apart from
> the one boot in 2000)

Actualluy i wouldn't try too hard as i've EOL'ed the CentOS-4/axp
myself and i don't know if anyone is even going to continue mainatining
it. If not, it's end of story in few weeks (August 2006).

I am sorry, but it's how it is now.

Then again, the GS320. I do have some kind of feeling i've seen
something like CentOS-4/axp booting up on such hardware, but that's
about all i remember about it. Maybe the AlphaCore list/AlphaCore later
release would be more suitable?

--
Pasi Pirhonen - upi at iki.fi - http://pasi.pirhonen.eu/
Top-postings silently ignored