CentOS on wildfire

Robin Humble rjh+axp at cita.utoronto.ca
Thu Aug 24 22:19:16 UTC 2006

On Tue, Aug 22, 2006 at 08:18:54PM +0300, Pasi Pirhonen wrote:
>On Mon, Aug 21, 2006 at 03:14:55PM -0400, Robin Humble wrote:
>> I've built almost all of the rpms from the 4.4 release now (everything
>> since ~Feb '06). I think only oprofile, ltrace, and tog-pegasus are
>> missing - the other 150 are patched where needed and rebuilt. some have
>> even been tested! :)
>>
>> what's the procedure to get these into the CentOS distribution and
>> signed with the CentOS key etc?
>This is kind of wrong place for this kind of talk, but propably you
>should contaact Johnny Hughes if you're serious and able to maintain
>CentOS-4/axp.

I've built the update 4 rpms and it seems a shame to waste them by
not pushing the effort back into CentOS somehow - contributing back to
the community etc. ...  the rpms are far more useful if they're at
CentOS's site than they are just sitting in a public repo of mine.

I'm ok with keeping fairly up to date rebuilding RHEL 4 sources and I'm
happy to keep on doing that. RHEL 5 would be a fair chunk of work and
I'm not sure I'll have time for that (or indeed for how much longer I'll
have access to alpha hardware).

however, I don't have a clue about how to make a CentOS 4.4 iso from
rpms, or how to seed a bittorrent, and am not all that keen to deal
with lots of CentOS politics (if it exists) either.

that's why I was asking here - for help with the above and for help
keeping CentOS for alpha alive...

cheers,
robin