Next release of AlphaCore? JUST DO IT

Alan Young ayoung at teleport.com
Mon Feb 27 17:14:02 UTC 2006

Jay Estabrook wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 26, 2006 at 07:31:21PM +0300, Sergey Tikhonov wrote:
>> Jay, I guess I don't need to look at this. I've already downloaded
>> updated kernel and was going to build it. :)
>
> It certainly needs a few of your patches from 2.6.12.
>
> BTW, I think I've runinto the same problem we had before, that the
> SCSI module(s) were too big or mislilnked or something.
>
> I panicked the first few times I tried booting the SMP kernel up, and
> finally got a serial log that showed problems loading those modules...
>
> Sigh...
>
> Rebuilding now with the upper layer(s) of SCSI support built in; we'll
> see how that goes.
>
> Alan, did you have to do the same thing, or did you luck out and
> build more stuff in to begin with?
>
>> Ok, good. I'll play with something else.
>>
>> Btw, is there an interest in support of C# (mono) on alpha? It requires
>> a lot of not easy debugging. :(
>
> I think more (I, for one) would be interested in OOo... ;-}

Oh yeah, sorry Jay, I boot off a LSI/SYMC1010 controller.  So I always
set SCSI, SCSI disk and SYM53C8XX_2 to be built in.

I had considered playing with getting C# up on Alpha, but had not had
much time to look at it.  I was figuring once the x86 64 bit port was
done, then it might be in a good shape to look at it.  I agree that
I think more people would want OOo ported before C#.

Alan