Java has gone public sources - once again.

U. George gatgul at gatworks.com
Tue Nov 14 13:22:11 UTC 2006

Sun is now trying to release their JAVA sources under a GPL license. The
full release wont happen till beginning of 2007.

Is there any interest in a java for an Alpha machine?

This time, under these circumstances, Sun wont be able to pull the rug
from under the porting project. Nor will they be able to stop the
distribution of binaries for a particular architecture. But since they
havent said exactly whats not included, I cant tell how complete the
port will be.
Nor will I be able to say how fast 'hotspot' will be. Netbeans, an IDE,
is getting so that a ( i386 with ) 1ghz, with 1gig of memory appears to
be at the low end of usefullness. Dec/Compaq/HP really does not seem to
want to continue the alpha line.

Just askin right now.