Torrents galore...but has anyone actually tried it?

Lamar Owen lowen at pari.edu
Tue Apr 24 02:26:45 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 07 March 2007, Jay Estabrook wrote:
> So, one can now download AC3 in record time, but how does it
> actually work on your Alphas?

> 3. SABLE/LYNX (AS2100/AS2100A) support is currently broken - how
>    many folks does this affect?

How is it broken?  I have a four proc AS2100 I could test with if needed.  It
is currently running Debian with an SMP kernel build that actually works.
4x275MHz procs and 1GB of RAM.  Hasn't been turned on in a while, but might
try.

The beast is fairly slow, though, which is why it hasn't been turned on in
quite some time.
--
Lamar Owen
Director of Information Technology