FC8/FCDevel pkgs upload

Oliver Falk oliver at linux-kernel.at
Thu Aug 2 06:45:32 UTC 2007

On 08/02/2007 08:12 AM, Sergey Tikhonov wrote:
> Hello,
>> On 07/31/2007 04:30 PM, Oliver Falk wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all!
>>>
>>> I'm now uploading about 3.1 GB of alpha pkgs (~ 3000 pkgs) to
>>> ftp://ftp.rdsor.ro/core/development/alpha.
>>>
>>> This will - of course - take a while. If you feel funny you can try a
>>> repoclosure, but it will spot a lot of missing deps... However. I upload
>>> them to make 'em available to others and have some kind of offshore
>>> backup :-)
>>>
>>> I'm note sure how long it will take, because uploads go with 500 kb/s -
>>> 1 mb/s... It should be done as soon as
>>> "zzuf-debuginfo-0.9-1.fc8.alpha.rpm" has been uploaded. :-)
>>>

>> Upload finished.
>>
> Tried to use new binutils - the "as" can't produce object file. Does it
> work for you?

Well. I ran into the same problem yesterday and had no chance to fix it
or find the problem yet. However. Better stick with old binutils build
for the moment: http://buildsys.zero42.at/koji/buildinfo?buildID=8831

I can only guess that the syscalls we patched into kernel are used by
binutils in some way and the kernel or libc then doesn't know how to
handle it or such a problem... Only a wild guess at the moment -
analysis ongoing...

Well, kernel, glibc and gcc runs fine - at least for me. Everything else
also - only binutils newer than build 1 do strange things :-/

Sergey, if you have time, you're VERY welcome to help!

-of