Alpha Core 4 Cancelled

bob smith sfmc68 at verizon.net
Sun Dec 2 22:00:45 UTC 2007

The message from 6/21, cited below, had kept me very quiet for about 6
months.
I check every once in a bit to see if there is a  release for alpha.  I
see the release of F8,
in nov 07, but I don't see a release for alpha.
Is there a status update? has the mail list burped and I missed the
announcement?
last list note I have, other than the usual mailman note, is the
lm-sensers on a ds20 note
of 11/29. So, I think I am geting the feeds.
thanks for any update info!
bob

Mike Barnes wrote:
> Did I get your attention? :)
>
> Alpha Core has been quiet lately, but it's not for lack of activity
> behind the scenes. We have something important to announce; there will
> not be an Alpha Core 4.
>
> Don't start crying yet, though.
>
> Instead of Alpha Core 4, we hope that in a few months you'll join us in
> celebrating the release of Fedora 8 for Alpha
> <http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ArchTeam>. It's been a long time coming,
> and a lot of work has gone into the project, but it looks like the Alpha
> platform will be synchronised up with the mainstream releases of Fedora
> for the first time.
>
> You can read more about what's going on with the Fedora Secondary
> Architectures proposal here:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FWN/Issue90#head-271f52b8e5603cd40d00d7c44ec8632cae42b1aa
>
> We'll post more updates as they come in.
>
> We could really use package builders and testers, and if you'd like to
> get on board and help out in any way, please get in touch with us,
> because the more people involved, the better.

Don't follow your dreams ... hunt them down - Bud Brutsman