Alpha Core 4 Cancelled

Sergey Tikhonov tsv at solvo.ru
Wed Dec 5 07:23:46 UTC 2007

Oliver Falk wrote:
> Well. You need to update a few bits (+ deps if any):
> Step 1)
> * sysvinit
> * kernel
> * aboot
> * mkinitrd (I think...)
>
> Step 2)
> * Write new bootsector (swriteboot)
>
> Step 3)
> * Check aboot.conf and add your new kernel (2.6.23*)
>
> Step 4)
> * Update glibc* (+ deps if any)
>
> Step 5)
> * sync
>
> Step 6)
> * hard-reset
>
> Step 7)
> * reboot and pray :-)
>
> After your machine comes up again you should have glibc 2.6.90 + kernel
> 2.6.23. Then you can grab the latest fedora-release (contains .repo for
> alphacore development tree) + yum. You should be able to update the rest...

Updating aboot and kernel was enough for start (surpriselly the new
kernel booted with older (ac3) glibc).
Yes, pata - support on PWS cypress chipset is broken. :( I have all my
working files on IDE disk (even it works slow, but big and cheap).
Hopefully Jay would have some spare time. ;)
Updated glibc and surprise again - it works with older kernel too (my
IDE is back). :)
Now I need to find out what is correct procedure to hack packages in new
koji environment ...

PS. mono from SVN fails to build with new gcc/binutils :(

Regards,

--
Sergey Tikhonov

Head, R&D department