How I can recover?

Dear All,

I am in trouble.  I do not exactly how I did it, but
when I was connecting to web, I did something wrong.
When I reboot the system, I see seveal lines with failure,
but anyway the system started to accept login.  But the
trouble is that under the home directory I cannot find
the directories I was using.

How can I  restore the previous setting including
the directories?

Many thanks if someone help me to restore the
directories.

Is LINUX so fragile?

Yuji Miyahara