Re: Alpha Core 4 Cancelled

Oliver Falk wrote:
On 06/22/2007 07:29 AM, Jon_norstog wrote:
On Fri, 2007-06-22 at 09:46 +1000, Mike Barnes wrote:
Did I get your attention? :)

Yes, Mike

You got my attention. I hope you guys can pull it off.  Personally, I
don't think we'll miss anything by not having KDE 4.0 - assuming it's
even more bloated than its 3.xx versions.  Wouldn't mind seeing CDE or
X-fce, though.

xfce is in extras and should compile fine on Alpha. Since I do use XFCE
on my workstation (no, that's no Alpha of course), I will really try
hard to make it work fine :-)

As of Fedora 7, the distinction between Fedora Core and Fedora Extras no longer exists.

A nitpick perhaps... but IMO it only serves to emphasize what a good idea waiting for Fedora 8/Alpha will be :)

	Jeff