Alpha Core 3 is available

Mike Barnes mike at grouse.net.au
Mon Mar 12 08:55:04 UTC 2007

On 12/03/2007, at 7:34 PM, Anders Waananen wrote:
> Could you add a gpgkey option to the configuration?

The gpgkey option is set for the main OS repository in the src.rpm I
did up and sent to Sergey. I haven't sent anyone links to an actual
alphacore-release package because I can't sign _that_. I'm not
formally involved in the build process these days.

You can drop the following into your alphacore.repo config under
[base], though:
	gpgcheck=1
	gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-ac3

I'm _almost certain_ that the package key is there in the default
install. Someone please check on that, though.

There is no key to be set for either extras or updates because the
actual official source for these packages is not yet determined.

I'm prepared to take on the job of supplying updates, possibly even
preparing a 3.1 release a few months from now, if that's OK with
Sergey and Cristian. I'm assuming they'll want to keep working on
Fedora Core 6 or later for the next major release, if they're not
worn out by now. :)

If this happens, I'll generate a new key for signing those packages,
and let everyone know about it then.