[?? Probable Spam] Re: Alpha Core 3 is available

Sergey Tikhonov tsv at solvo.ru
Mon Mar 12 13:34:14 UTC 2007

Mike Barnes wrote:

> On 12/03/2007, at 7:34 PM, Anders Waananen wrote:
>
>> Could you add a gpgkey option to the configuration?
>

> The gpgkey option is set for the main OS repository in the src.rpm I
> did up and sent to Sergey. I haven't sent anyone links to an actual
> alphacore-release package because I can't sign _that_. I'm not
> formally involved in the build process these days.
>
> You can drop the following into your alphacore.repo config under
> [base], though:
>     gpgcheck=1
>     gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-ac3
>
> I'm _almost certain_ that the package key is there in the default
> install. Someone please check on that, though.
>
> There is no key to be set for either extras or updates because the
> actual official source for these packages is not yet determined.
>
> I'm prepared to take on the job of supplying updates, possibly even
> preparing a 3.1 release a few months from now, if that's OK with
> Sergey and Cristian. I'm assuming they'll want to keep working on
> Fedora Core 6 or later for the next major release, if they're not
> worn out by now. :)
>
> If this happens, I'll generate a new key for signing those packages,
> and let everyone know about it then.

As soon as I have time I'll build and release alphacore-release package
made by Mike (I built and installed it internally). I am a little bit
busy with my work right now.

As for development tree - the work has been started. :) Cristian made
latest glibc/gcc/binutils workable and even got GNAT working on alpha.

Regards,

--
Sergey Tikhonov

Head, R&D department