[?? Probable Spam] Re: Alpha Core 3 is available

Mike Barnes mike at grouse.net.au
Tue Mar 13 02:17:27 UTC 2007

Sergey Tikhonov wrote:
> I would say it will be FC7. AC3 contains some packages taken from FC6
> (Xorg for example). If you like to handle fc5 updates - no problem. Just
> check the distribution - a lot of updated packages were used for it. May
> be not very recent versions.

Given that FC5 is still getting updated, and probably will be until late
July, I'll keep an eye on it and do update builds where necessary.

I've managed to get "mock" working under AC3, so that'll save me from
needing to have a clean machine to build on, I hope.

> I did built "alphacore-release" package. It is available at:
> ftp://ftp.rdsor.ro/pub/Linux/Distributions/AlphaLinux/core/3.0b/updates/alphacore-release-3-2.noarch.rpm

I'll get updates moving in a few days, then. I'll see how much I can
automate.