Linux installation on Alpha DS10

Padiyath Sreekumaran kumar.padiyath at psi.ch
Tue Mar 13 07:49:26 UTC 2007

Hello,
I have received a Alpha DS10 computer.Specification is
COMPAQ AlphaServer DS10 617 MHz. The graphic card
Specification is "3D Labs GLINT Permedia".I would like to know
Which Linux version can I install on this machine:
Debian, NetBSD, Fedora etc.etc. I want to use this as a
Web Development machine, VNC server, Developing C and Java Programs,
Testing Perl scripts, PHP etc.In short I want to use as a SW development
machine. Security is also very very important.

Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Kumar
Padiyath Sreekumar       |   Tel: +41.56.310.3643
Paul Scherrer Institut   |   email: kumar.padiyath at psi.ch
AIT                      |   Office: WHGA/U132
WHGA/U132                |   Fax: +41.56.310.3649
CH-5232 Villigen PSI     |
Switzerland              |