New redhat-rpm-config for ac3

Mike Barnes mike at grouse.net.au
Wed Mar 14 10:58:07 UTC 2007

On 14/03/2007, at 9:42 PM, Oliver Falk wrote:
> Sergey, just mailed Mike off-list, same story... It sometimes
> happens that it stops builds. See elfutils for example. Elfutils
> sets warnings as errors and therfor breaks. However, I believe I
> saw builds where with a disabled fsp it worked and enabling it, it
> failed... But that's already a year ago or so...

Here's an example of configure's output when building libmad-0.15.1b,
one of the several builds I saw this in:

[root at genuine-article libmad-0.15.1b]#  ./configure
[...]
checking for gcc option to produce PIC... -fPIC
checking if gcc PIC flag -fPIC works... yes
[...]

And then ...

[root at genuine-article libmad-0.15.1b]# CFLAGS=-fstack-protector ./
configure
[...]
checking for gcc option to produce PIC... -fPIC
checking if gcc PIC flag -fPIC works... no
[...]