looking for some software

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Thu Mar 22 15:19:41 UTC 2007

* Alex Deucher <alexdeucher at gmail.com> [070322 15:59]:
> On 3/22/07, Jay Estabrook <Jay.Estabrook at hp.com> wrote:

> >> can I also presume no source of any kind was released?
> >
> >There are sources and SRPMS for some utilities on the website; you can
> >find such for the binutils and gdb and linuxthreads packages whose
> >modifications provided better tool-chain integration with the major
> >packages (ccc/cxx/cfal).
> >

> Any chance any of the source to the other packages could be released
> now that alpha is no more?

The official True64 support schedule is not ending before 2011, and as
far as I know CCC and friends are pretty much based on the DEC Unix
compilers. I would not expect any sources before 2011, and probably not
after that either. Releasing closed source products of that size is not
a trivial task, especially not the non-technical side including
clearance on third party rights, patents, etc.

      Tel.: +49 761 7668825 • Fax: +49 761 7664613