Fortran Compiler

Mike Barnes mike at grouse.net.au
Tue Mar 27 12:06:33 UTC 2007

On 27/03/2007, at 9:37 PM, Padiyath Sreekumaran wrote:
> I have installed Alpha Core 3 on a Compaq Personal WS XP1000.
> I have got Number of Fortran programs running on our Tru64 machine.
> I want to move these programs to this WS. Is there any  Fortran
> compiler available for AlphaCore 3?  If there is a Compiler available
> for Linux from HP then it will be nice.

I haven't tested it personally, but installing the gcc-gfortran
package would be a good start. Gfortran is fairly capable in general,
and a lot more useful than the old G77 compiler.

The old Compaq compilers for Linux could possibly be installed, if
you can get a copy. There's been some recent discussion about that,
but it seems that while it's still available for download from the HP
site, it's impossible to get the codes to unpack it right now.

I'd suggest trying gfortran now and seeing if your code needs much in
the way of changes. Keep an eye on this list, because if anyone does
come up with a reliable way to obtain and install the Compaq compiler
suite, it'll be posted here.