install stuck (Re: Fedora 8-based distro for Alpha CD Announcement)

Jay Estabrook Jay.Estabrook at hp.com
Sun Apr 20 17:31:34 UTC 2008

The problem associated with the hang at "transferring image..."
was noted in my announcement. The solution: use the older ISO
image dated 20080311 (via the iso/obsolete/ directory).

I don't understand why this is a problem on some machines/configurations
and not others; I tried every which way on my ES40 yesterday and had no
luck. Finally gave up and installed from the 20080311 ISO perfectly.

Most things are the same between the ISOs, so it's just a matter of
doing an update once you get installed from the buildsys.zero42.at
repository, which should already be set up during the install.

I'll try to look at the anaconda dumps if I get the chance, but I'm
not really a python hacker (yet)... ;-}

Good luck.

--Jay++