Are smolt/dbus working well?

Kazuyoshi Furutaka furutaka at jb3.so-net.ne.jp
Sat Apr 26 20:47:22 UTC 2008

From: Jay Estabrook <Jay.Estabrook at hp.com>
Subject: Re: Are smolt/dbus working well? (Re: New FC 8 kernel RPMS in updates)
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 14:20:25 -0400

> So, (su)do (after the update is installed):
>
>   service messagebus restart
>
> And see if that helps.
>
> If not, I'd suggest a reboot. Afterwards, you can check via:
>
>   service messagebus status
>
> at which time, you should see something like:
>
>   dbus-daemon (pid 2406 1481) is running...

Well, even after rebooting, dbus seems to be not
running.

  [root at ram ~]# service messagebus status
  dbus-daemon is stopped

It's so by seeing, as Steven said that, it takes a
long time to start HAL daemon, and my previous reports
that a few dbus dependent? services failed to start
during boot.

After restarting the service, I checked several times
whether its running, by `service messagebus status`,
and it replied it was running, so I tried to send a
smolt profile but failed; at that time it replied
'stopped'...

Yours,
Kazuyoshi
--