Max. memory on 164LX (Re: SELINUX etc.)

Kazuyoshi Furutaka furutaka at jb3.so-net.ne.jp
Mon Apr 28 05:44:13 UTC 2008

Hi all,

From: Kazuyoshi Furutaka <furutaka at jb3.so-net.ne.jp>
Subject: SELINUX etc. (Re: Fedora 8-based distro for Alpha CD Announcement)
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 21:16:06 +0900 (JST)

From: Jay Estabrook <Jay.Estabrook at hp.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 09:00:01 -0400

> 3. I think the max was 1GB total, 256MB per DIMM.

Thanks Jay.

According to a product brief from Alpha Processor Inc. of
the motherboard (attached to this mail), the maximum
is 1GB, but it's the only one that says so.
(www.alphalinux.org/firmware/api/LX/164LX.PDF)

"Digital Semiconductor AlphaPC 164LX Motherboard Product
Brief" which is found on
  http://h18002.www1.hp.com/alphaserver/technology/chip-docs.html,
as well as "AlphaPC 164LX Motherboard Technical Reference Manual"
(EC–R46WC–TE) found on the same page, on the contrary, says
"up to 512MB", and I'm wondering which is correct.

I got 4 256MB memory which will be delivered in a few days,
and I'll experiment using them.

Yours,
Kazuyoshi
--