Max. memory on 164LX (Re: SELINUX etc.)

Jay Estabrook Jay.Estabrook at hp.com
Mon Apr 28 12:22:57 UTC 2008

As with all mobo docs, they aren't often updated beyond a certain
point, and what appears in them (as limits) may be only what's
readily available AND tested at that time.

I've been running an LX with 1GB happily for years, and I've seen
reports of many many others as well. The problem early on was
that most of the DIMMs were tall (chips in 2x9 rows on both sides)
and many enclosures were not deep enough. Not the "case" (pun
intended) any longer... :-)

And yes, ECC is fine, but I think "registered" is not... ???

--Jay++