Alpha Emulators

Jim McCarthy jkmccarthy at pacbell.net
Wed Dec 17 23:33:03 UTC 2008

FYI, there is also "Personal Alpha" for hobbyists available here:

http://www.emulatorsinternational.com/en/personalalpha.htm

(which boots OpenVMS also :-).  Link to Download is in the left column.
Commercial users should follow the link to CHARON-AXP also in the left
column.

    -- Jim

P.S.  Banner across the top of the page above foreshadows a web site name
change (owing to merger of companies), so future readers of this page may
need to begin here:

http://www.stromasys.com/

where at present the "Downloads" drop-down menu-bar has an entry "Alpha
Virtualization" that expands to include "Personal Alpha Freeware").  Direct
link appears to be:

http://www.stromasys.com/charon-axp/palpha.htm

Note the on-line user "Forum" has at least as much (if not more) helpful
information on installation than does the "Online documentation" for
Personal Alpha.

> Jeff Garzik wrote:
>> Are there any alpha emulators lying around?

Alan Young replied: