GS60 available for porting

Looker, Adrian adrianl at itron.com.au
Sun Feb 17 23:25:13 UTC 2008

Hi All,

I have an Alpha GS60 that I would like to run Linux on.  Currently
though I beleive the TL series Alphas are not supported.  I tested it
with AC3 and when the kernel started it drew a bunch of gibberish on the
screen and locked up.
Unfortunately, I am not a developer so I can't help directly, but I can
do things like pre-download source code, switch CDs, etc.

If there are people interested in porting Linux to this server I can
leave it powered on with some form of remote access (e.g. Sun SGD)
enabled to the serial console via a terminal server.

I can configure the server as either 6x (525MHz EV6) CPUs and 4GB RAM or
4x CPUs and 8GB RAM as needed.  It has a bunch of peripherals in it, all
of which work under AC3 on my ES40 - except the KFE72 which is untested
with Linux since it won't fit into the ES40.

Let me know if you are interested.