My lucky day

Dialup Jon Norstog thursday at allidaho.com
Mon Jan 7 21:50:29 UTC 2008

To the list:

I recently eBayed a UP2000+ with 2x 667 processors and a full boat of RAM.
Surprisingly, it worked fine on arrival.  less luck with AC3, however.
Neither the graphic installer nor text mode seem to be working with this
machine.  I searched the archives, guess I'll try some of those suggestions
(don't try to customize!).

I read that the AC3 kernel was not working with multiple processors.   The msg
said something about needing to install the kernel "by hand." Is that still
the case?

I installed RH 7.2 to see if there was something wrong with the machine.  No
problems installing, and man, it runs **fast**.  I think I'll scout around for
a pair of 833 mhz processors.

later

jn

"Thursday"

I couldn't afford a Maserati, so I got a DEC Alpha instead

www.thursdaybicycles.com  check it out!

--
Allidaho LLC (http://www.allidaho.com)