My lucky day

Christian Iseli Christian.Iseli at licr.org
Tue Jan 29 19:01:56 UTC 2008

Hi Uncle George,

Long time no see :-)

On Tue, 29 Jan 2008 12:37:32 -0500, U. George wrote:
> Any serial ports for which u can connect ( if its still possible ) a
> secondary console?

Yea, this works.  Tried to get the serial cable connected to an old
Solarix/x86 box that's in the same room (to capture output) but so far
no success (I think tip hates me for some reason, or the serial
cable with null-modem thing is bad)... So I'm on a crusty old amber DEC
VT220, looking at anaconda doing its best to offer me nice setup
options :-)

Looks like one of the 6 hard disks in the tray is dead, but other than
that anaconda seems happy to proceed.  Gotta leave now, but I'll get
back to the machine tomorrow or the day after.

Another question: looks like there is an ethernet RJ45 port on
the chassis of the machine itself (next to the keyboard/mouse/USB
ports) and one on a PCI board (or what looks from the rear like a PCI
board).  Any idea if one is a remote management thing, or can they both
be used from Linux (or is one probably better than the other) ?

Cheers,
					Christian