FC8 applications install dumb questions - updae

bob smith sfmc68 at verizon.net
Thu Jul 10 00:46:58 UTC 2008

bob smith wrote:
> Apps first, cause I have the box running okay so far....
> I am trying to install alpine on fc8 (ds10).
> I am using various commands - yum install ....
> yum install libdhcp.alpha
> yum install libdhcp*.alpha
> and I get these errors on every try....
> Error: Missing Dependency: libdhcp4client-3.1.0.so.0 is needed by
> package mkinitrd
> Error: Missing Dependency: libdhcp4client-3.1.0.so.0 is needed by
> package libdhcp
> Error: Missing Dependency: libdhcp4client-3.1.0.so.0 is needed by
> package nash
> Error: Missing Dependency: libssl.so.6 is needed by package kdebase
> thanks
> bob
> --

getting real familiar with yum,
been reading the faq, dug out my red hat books,
looking on the web for help.  not finding what I need yet.
tried to do a yum update
same error set.
looking to install postfix and so on.  I want to move a number of alphas
over to fedora.
I need to be able to set up the right features, Pointers to reading that
will help,
an update that others have this, or it has been solved, much appreciated.
thanks!!
bob