mkinitrd and kernel dependency problem

Steven Moix steven.moix at axianet.ch
Mon Jul 21 09:54:23 UTC 2008

Thanks for your work Oliver, I'm updating right now...here is my report.

yum clean all + yum update: no problem
Edit the /etc/aboot.conf to include the new kernel before the reboot: no
problem
Shutdown: you have to hard-reboot because the init scripts have been
removed, so the OS doesn't know what to do during the shutdown phase.
Reboot on the new kernel + upstart: no problem

This has been tested on an XP1000 (EV67) machine, and it's a great
success :)

Steven