gnome installation problem

Jay Estabrook Jay.Estabrook at hp.com
Mon Nov 3 18:06:19 UTC 2008

Alexey Chupahin wrote:

> About Cypress chipset, I find pata_cypress module in
> /lib/modules tree, so it seems I need to switch to another
> console, type modprobe pata_cypress then continue installation.

Interesting; on my SX, I believe that module got loaded/used
automatically - you shouldn't need to load it "by hand".

What error do you see that indicates it hasn't recognized that it
is needed?

Is your SRM console FW up-to-date (should be 5.8)?

BTW, I hope to upload the 2-disc set of CDs tonight, so look for
them to appear on BUILDSYS shortly thereafter...

Oh, and the X-based installs, as you've found, are still VERY rough
around the edges (missing fonts can do that :-).

Continue doing text-mode installs for the time being...

--Jay++